Friday 19 June 2015

Scrap Vortex progress

Quick post only, I'm afraid - family illness and associated running around have put paid to much sewing, but I have done a bit of scrap busting as therapy at the end of each day.  Too late for a WIP Wednesday link and I definitely don't have a finish of anything to link up - sigh - but at least this blog has made me do something this week.

Here is my progress on the Scrap Vortex QAL mentioned last week:



I have given you the link to the third instalment but it is not too late to join in.  Amanda Jean's directions and answers to questions are really helpful, and there are lots of photos which say it even more clearly.


And I did manage to start on some Scrapper's Delight blocks alongside, making use of the larger strips.  The pattern  is in Sunday Morning Quilts.  Lovely book, clearly in much demand judging by Amazon's premium price.  You may be able to hunt it down elsewhere for less.



My efforts so far:



I have decided that what I really love about Amanda Jean's quilts is her palette - I want HER scraps, not mine!



All for now.  Imagine me in this happy place whenever I have 10 minutes to spare.


Have a great weekend and I hope you manage to sew as much as you'd like, as well as enjoying some fine summer weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment